Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sir Jay's Top 5 Beaches in the Philippines

I am a certified beach bum. Ever since I was a child, the feeling of going to the beach was unexplainable. Pinaglihi siguro ako sa dagat o baka taong dagat or sea creature ako in my past life. Syokoy lang ang peg? Haha. I've been to many beaches here in the Philippines and I can say that we are so lucky to have many amazing white sand beaches with crystal clear waters. Take note: Crystal clear ha. But there are some beaches here on the country that are really special to me and I find very breath-taking. Every year, I search for the best beaches all over the Philippines and have a piece of it that I can call my own paradise. So here's my list of my top 5 best beaches in the Philippines.

5. Isla Reta, Talikud Island, Davao del Norte
























Of all the beaches near my hometown and in Samal area, Isla Reta is my favorite. Situated in Talikud Island, Isla Reta has pristine white sand beach. It is very accessible since there are direct 1-hour boat ride from Davao City. I'm loving the fact that there are a lot of acacia trees that give shade to the beach goers. Entrance and accommodation is very affordable too. And the resort staff is so accommodating and welcoming. Kaya nga suki na ako dito.


4. Sta. Cruz Island, Zamboanga Del Sur















Believe it or not, I was awed with the serenity of the beach. Only few people go there since you still need a permit from the tourism office. You will also have your set of guards from the army who will accompany you and will serve as your security personnel while you're there. Bongga! Basilan na kasi sa likod ng island. So alam na. Haha. What also made the beach special is that it is known for its pink sand beach. The pink effect is due to the dead red corals that is mixed with the sand. Take me back there please?!?!

3. Boracay, Aklan
























Who doesn't love Boracay? Voted as one of the Philippines best beaches, Boracay has been everyone's favorite both local and foreign beach bummers. Been there for two times and the beach always mesmerized me. Great for food tripping, extreme sports and wild party nights, you'll never run out of things to do there. Though I find Boracay very mainstream and over-rated, still it got its charm that kept me and others on coming back. They aint call it the best for nothing. 


2. Blue Lagoon, Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte



















Known as the Boracay of the north, Pagudpud is home to amazing white sand beaches too. The 12-hour road trip from Manila to the province of Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte will bring you to Saud Beach and the popular Blue Lagoon. You will realize that the long trip is all worth it. From the name itself, the beach has clear turquoise water that is so tempting.  Many beach bums go here to surf too since it has strong to moderate waves. Though i've been there just for a couple of hours, I felt like the beach was my home in the north.

1. Santa Fe, Bantayan Island, Cebu



















Bantayan Island has always and will always be memorable to me. Been here for several times and still looking forward to coming back. Did I mention that I had my first ever vehicular accident while driving a motorcycle here? And I don't even have a freaking license. Sorry LTO. Haha. My first ever solo backpacking trip was in Bantayan Island and it was a blast. It was a brave thing to do. Sta. Fe is so laid-back. Though it is starting to be commercialized, it has maintained its simplicity. The locals are very friendly. The beach is clean and calm. I even spent the whole day under the coconut tree while reading the whole book and doing nothing.  It was so relaxing. And the beach again, took my breath away. Paulit- ulit? Haha. This paradise is just a 4-hour ride from Cebu City. Traveling to Bantayan is very accessible too. 


So what are you favorite beaches here in the country? Do we have the same? There is still a lot to explore and im halfway through it. Beach bumming is indeed more fun in the Philippines.


No comments:

Post a Comment