Friday, July 12, 2013

Going solo in Indonesia this Summer

It was an achievement for me to travel solo for the first time outside the country. The backpacking trip I did last August 2012 covering three countries, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand was like a huge achievement. SOUL SEARCHING? Hindi, nag iinarte lang. Haha. Gusto ko kasi ma feel ano yung feeling mag solo backpacking abroad. Arte lang. Now I know how it feels and im giving it a shot again.
 














 Went on full-board solo backpacking in 3 countries. Maya Bay in Krabi, Thailand and Ho Chi Minh were some of the attractions visited.




Here comes another seat sale from AirAsia. Ilang beses na akong naka sakay sa kanila, both domestic and international flights and I have no issues with them. Now they're celebrating their 5th year as world's best LCC and they have this P5 fare on all domestic and some international flights. Travel period is Feb to August of 2014. Not bad ha. Napaisip ako. UY, summer sa April. Walang pasok. PWEDE. 


                                                      High Five Seat Sale of AirAsia. Happy soul.


My ultimate dream is to travel to India. I always imagine myself riding their sleeper trains, the picturesque Taj Mahal at mag feeling Bollywood star at sumayaw ng Jai-Ho. Haha. India ha this special charm that makes me wanna come and visit the country. Airsia has direct llights to Kolkata from Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok. Then pwede nang mag train papuntang Delhi. CARRY LANG! So sige, search na ng at makipagsapalaran na. But checking their flights and schedules the night the seat sale was out, ay mahal pa ren. Would cost to P7,000 more for return tickets. Di pa kasali Manila to KL dun. So there, the India plan was put to scratch. Maybe someday. I know India can wait. So I decided to sleep and deadma na sa seat sale. Wag nang mag book. Wala pang gastos.

The next day, I was tempted to check the site again. Ma try nga, baka maka lusot na naman at may uber low fares pa. Then I checked Manila to Kuala Lumpur. Still expensive for flights this summer season. Manila to Kota KInabalu. All in fare: P465.00. Hey, this is cheap. I can book this. But ive been to Sabah before. I want something new. So I checked all flights out of Kota Kinabalu and boom, there's Bali with an all in fare of P1600. Wow, this can be a great adventure. Davao-Manila-Kota Kinabalu- Denpasar is feasible. Then I can do land trip from Bali to Lombok, then a long bus and train ride to Surabaya, Yogyakarta then Jakarta covering 12 days. AYOS! Good plan. So I booked the flights and now im all pumped up for the upcoming summer of 2014. 

                                       

                                     Manila- Kota Kinabalu- Denpasar at almost P2000. Still a good deal.


So if traveling solo abroad is in your bucket list, dont hesitate. It wlll help you grow. The experience you will gain is incomparable. So go ahead and book that flight and you will know how it feels. And good luck to me in my Indonesia trip.

                                                My Indonesia route map. O ha, career na! Haha



No comments:

Post a Comment